This is an unofficial Google Tag Manager template for the Drift App.
Use this template to set up Drift on your website and capture Drift events. Events flow into Google Tag Manager events so that you can easily integrate them with your analytics and marketing software.
How it works
The template automatically capture all events and send them to Google Tag Manager as events.
|Drift Event||How it Appears on Tag Manager|
|Email Captured –|
|Phone Number Captured|
|Meeting Request Sent|
- See https://devdocs.drift.com/docs/drift-events for more information
1. Add The Drift Pixel Tag To your account
- open Tag Manager, and add a new tag.
- Search for
Driftin Templates > Search Gallery and add it to your workspace.
- Copy your Drift ID from Drift Admin
- Copy your Drift ID
- Add your Drift ID to the new tag.
- Select trigger as all page views. (or the pages you want Drift to show up)
2. Setup a trigger to use the Drift events
- Create a new trigger > Select Custom events
- To capture all events that Drift sends add enter event name
driftand select use regex matching
- To capture individual events use the event table above.
3. Send Events To Google Analytics
- Create tags to send an event to Google Analytics [tk]
This template helps you to setup Drift and send all the campaign events that Drift has s to tag manager. You will find the full list events below.
4. Test your events en Google Analytics
Events that are not implemented in this version
Below events are not implemented. If you want to see these events please let us know in the comments and we’ll get them for you!
sidebarOpenis the event that fires when the sidebar
sidebarCloseis the event that fires when the sidebar
Welcome Message Events
welcomeMessage:openis the event that fires when the welcome message is
welcomeMessage:closefires when the welcome message is
Away Message Events
awayMessage:openis the event fired when an away message
awayMessage:closeis the event fired when an away message
campaign:openfires when campaign begins.
campaign:dismissfires when a user closes a campaign message.
campaign:clickfires when a call to action (CTA) is clicked.
campaign:submitfires when a user starts a chat or submits an email capture.
Steps for how to setup the template
Examples for other templates: